The first step you need to do is create a content calendar and plan ahead of time or do content batching.
Content batching is a productivity technique where you create all of your captions or visual content during a set period of time. For example, instead of spending an hour planning, creating, and publishing one Instagram post, you’ll spend that hour writing or “batching” an entire week of captions.
Once you’ve created your social media content calendar, it’s time to begin posting on social media. If you want to win new clients and satisfy your existing ones, consistently post things that will add value to your audience.
Here are a few tips to follow when doing your content :
● You’re not just posting to post. Rather you’re trying to provide your audience with high-value information that will help them live their best life possible. Every post should be helpful in some way to your audience.
● Your posts should help your audience:
○ Think about something in a new way
○ Take action like they never have
○ Laugh or smile
○ Learn something valuable
● Consider posting things like:
○ Inspirational quotes
○ Tips and tactics
○ Tutorial videos
○ Live videos
○ Pictures that will motivate your audience
● When creating your content calendar and posting on social media, constantly ask yourself the following question: Is this adding value to my audience? If it is, then post it. If you don’t think it will add much value to your audience, then don’t post it.
● If you’re not sure which types of content add the most value to your audience, try experimenting with different formats.You might find that videos perform better than photos, or that your audience really likes tutorials and tips.
● You may be thinking, I don’t have time to constantly be posting!
Using a tool like Buffer or Hootsuite, you can actually schedule weeks, or even months, of posts in advance.
Social media is still all about being social. Interact with your target audience instead of just anyone.